The Public Works Department consists of seven full-time employees that are responsible for the essential services that we come to rely on as part of our daily lives. Often referred to as Infrastructure, Public Works takes great pride in providing the following services:
- Ensuring clean and safe water to our Town, supplied through underground pipes;
- Maintaining a separate system of underground pipes to collect sewer or waste water for proper treatment at Alberta Capital Region Wastewater Commissions Plant;
- Providing and maintaining the Town's roads, sidewalks, signage and line markings, storm drainage and hydrants;
- Maintenance of parks, playgrounds, trails, trees, green spaces, sports grounds and facilities;
- Providing other key services including street cleaning, snow removal and grass cutting.